What is Pace Optimizer?
The Pace Optimizer feature is designed to help runners make pace improvements at their chosen distance by focusing on meeting Cadence and Step Length targets.
Cadence and Step Length are the two running metrics that together determine a runner's pace/speed. When trying to hit a target pace, every runner will use a slightly different combination of Cadence and Step Length. Pace Optimizer helps each runner to discover the optimal combination of Cadence and Step Length for them as an individual, helping them to achieve faster finish times.
To create a Pace Optimizer workout and try the feature for yourself, navigate to the Run hub in the NURVV Run app and tap "Create Pace Optimizer". The app will guide you through the process of creating a new workout by calibrating against one of your existing runs.
- Select a run Pace Optimizer will calibrate your new workout against one of your existing runs. If you're looking to push yourself and get faster, choose a run with a finish time that was challenging for you to achieve.
- Review Run Score Pace Optimizer will display the Run Score of the selected run.
- Set target Run Score use the slider to set a new target Run Score for your workout. As you adjust the target Run Score, your projected finish time and pace ranges will be adjusted automatically.
- Review Step Length and Cadence targets Pace Optimizer will display target ranges for Cadence and Step Length, and also the average Cadence and Step Length you achieved during the run you chose to calibrate against. If it looks like your targets are too aggressive/comfortable, you can return to step 3 and adjust your Run Score.
- Create your workout once you're happy with your targets, tap "Create Workout". Your new Pace Optimizer workout will appear on the Rub hub.
Starting a Pace Optimizer Workout
NOTE: You can run Pace Optimizer workouts using your Apple Watch or phone-free. If running phone-free, you won't receive live coaching audio cues.
Live Coaching during Workouts
The NURVV Run app will offer live coaching cues during your run to help you meet your Cadence and Step Length targets. You can receive live visual cues via your mobile device or Apple Watch and live audio cues via your mobile device or wired/Bluetooth headphones connected to your mobile device or Apple Watch.